Most people shy away from addressing their hearing loss because of perceived high costs and potential embarassment. Even fewer people opt for solutions like hearing devices that can improve their quality of life drastically. Why is this so? It’s because most people are too embarrassed to be seen with a hearing aid. However, hearing loss can creep up slowly at any age and it’s important to redress it early on to prevent severe auditory damage. Thanks to miniaturized technology, people can now benefit from invisible hearing aids that sit discreetly in the ear canal. In-the-ear devices are completely invisible to everyone the user interacts with, a solution that doesn’t impact either the user’s independence or self-perception.
- In-the-ear or ITE hearing aids are customized to the shape of your ear and so they offer a secure fit. They’re less likely to fall out of your ear as opposed to a behind-the-ear device.
- Despite the fact that they’re so small, in-ear devices offer fantastic functionality. Many models feature Bluetooth using which you can sync your hearing aid with your smart devices and stream calls, audio, and TV on the go – turning your little helpers into your own personal headphones.
- With a hearing aid so small and comfortable, not only will you feel more confident in social situations, but you yourself might not feel the device in your ear, which is not the case with bulkier models.
- Since invisible hearing aids sit inside the ear canal, they can often offer up a “plugged up” feeling. They’ll also need to be cleaned periodically to remove dirt, moisture, and ear wax.
- While in-the-ear devices are great for discretion, the small battery size can sometimes present a problem, and you’ll need to keep a spare set handy, especially when you’re on the go.
- While invisible hearing devices are packed with groundbreaking technology, the sheer size of them might not allow these hearing aids to sport features present in other models such as manual volume and memory controls, directional microphones, etc.
Are invisible hearing aids the right auditory solution for you? Assess your hearing for free at an audiologist near you and find out! After your complimentary hearing test, you’ll have the option to try the best invisible hearing aids on the market 30 days risk free. Schedule your free hearing test at an audiologist near you now!